Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 days of Truth - Day 1

So, in an effort to get myself back into the habit of blogging I have decided to participate in The 30 Days of Truth which I found over at a blog called Angel Believes

Everyday for 30 days I have to write about what is listed for that day. I hope that it will help you get to know me better and perhaps help me get to know myself better.

Day One - Something You Hate About Yourself

My eyes. Yes, I hate the windows to my soul. They're small and squinty and when I smile they get even squinty-er. If I asked my fiance right now what color my eyes were he probably wouldn't even know because it's hard to see since they're so small.

Okay, I was wrong, I just asked and he looked at me like I was crazy and said brown. Which, I guess is sort of right. They are really more hazel, brownish-green with flecks of gold. They'd probably be really pretty if they weren't so small and squinty.

A lot of people say that my daughter has my eye shape with Paul's color. But, I don't see how that could be true because Allison has beautiful eyes. They are big and round and simply gorgeous. Maybe I am blinded by my love for her so I can't see any flaws. Or maybe, I am blinded to my own unique beauty so I can't see any good in something I perceive as a flaw. Hmm... I will have to think about that!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails