Wednesday, October 6, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 2

As you can see I haven't done a very good job of posting every day despite this challenge but I will carry on :)

Day Two - Something You Love About Yourself

This one is hard for me. Really, it is. I do get a lot of compliments about my smile but I wouldn't say I love that about myself, when I smile my eyes get even squintier (see previous post).

So, I'm going to say I love my warm heart. I know it sounds like a cop-out but it's really not, I promise! My mom always said that I wanted to save the world. When I was a kid I used to feel bad for toys that I couldn't take home with me because I just knew that they were crying on the shelves after the light went off. I used to hold fundraisers for St Jude's and various other foundations that were set up to help people. I would set up a lemonade stand and donate everything I earned to whatever organization was near and dear to me at the time.

I always want to do whatever I can to help my family and friends whether it's by lending an ear or taking action and raising money for a friend of a friend's sick child. I want the people around me to be happy. I want all people to be happy. I want to adopt every neglected or starving child. I really do want to save the world. I really do love that about myself. Maybe I can't save everyone but maybe I can save at least one.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of post that's expected for this challenge but it's all I've got. I'm working on finding more that I love about myself, I really am. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails